Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
danmar

Originally Posted by adriansmom
Originally Posted by danmar
I just did my first PPing today. I have a question for you. When you are finished and go to cut around the paper to get the real shape of the piece you did, how do you keep the material underneath from shifting??? Mine shifted and then it was about 1/8" short of lining up with the paper after I cut it off. I also had a hard time sewing the 2 halves of the little square together and keeping my points. Any tips??
Thanks and I'd love to chat about pping.
Marilyn

I use my rotary cutter/ruler to trim on the lines (1/4" past the seam line), so I don't normally have a shifting problem. As for putting the together, you must use pins to line up the lines/points. That is why it is helpful to not remove the paper until the top is together.
I used my rotary cutter, ruler and pins too, but I must of done something wrong. The pins were pretty much useless since I had already cut it wrong. Are you saying that I leave the paper on all the pieces until I get the block sewed together? This pattern had 8 pieces to PP. Should I sew all of it together and then remove the paper? Here's a picture of my 1st block. I'm trying to learn off a tutorial off the internet. I don't know anybody who PP's. I haven't even tried to square it up! LOL

My Lucky Star #2 Block --- 3/21/10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22109[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-22109.jpe