View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 AM
yourstrulyquilts

Originally Posted by suzeq
:-P May I suggest to every one, not to wait until retirement to start on their stash. When retirement comes, your body may not be able to do it! Guess how I know? I find that my body will no longer do the eight hour a day thing. However, I'm blessed as I can at least do the necessities. Silvia
I 100% agree!! No way can I spend hours in the LQS shopping now. I'm happy to be able to shop my stash, sometimes. LOL
And on another note of retirement, don't wait until then to start making quilts. My DAunt collected all the years she was working, setting it aside for when she retired. She passed away before she could retire and never made one quilt. If there's a will, there's a way, to start now. Maybe just some applique as it doesn't take a lot of room, and can be picked up when you have a few minutes. It's amazing how many of those "few minutes" can quickly produce a quilt! Go Ladies, and gents, and get those quilts started, or finished, and put a tag on them so someone after you will know from the quilter her/himself, what and who that quilt was for. And most importantly a date. Now get goin'!!! :lol: :thumbup: