Old 03-22-2010, 10:29 AM
oops

Originally Posted by SuzyM
I went home this weekend to see my dad, I try to go see him at least once a month and I was going through mom's sewing machine cabinet to see if there were any feet my dad missed when he gave me mom's Bernia machine . . . . and in the bottom drawer underneath a bunch of stuff was a walking foot she bought. It is still in the box I don't think she ever used it. When she bought it is was only $90 now they are $180. I am so glad I didn't buy one last week. I also found the lever that goes on the outside of the machine that lifts the presser foot with your leg instead of having to reach behind the machine each time.

Good for you, my old one for my 16 yr old Bernina was less than a hundred. This last one was more than I wanted to spend but just couldn't get along without it.
Glad your mom was telling you to go look at her stuff. Hope you get to go through all her sewing stuff. It is amazing what treasures you will find.
I dropped the Bernette off at the repair store - they think that it maybe the bobbin I was using but they are going to check everything out for me anyway.