View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
lazyquilter

I am hoping that if I toss a life line out there someone will be to offer assistence. Somewhere in my vast array of magazines and books I foung a new applique method. If I remember correctly, example I have a the head of a large flower that I want to use on the side of a table topper. The appliqued stem and leaves are fine and work well, but the flower is first, with a tiny dab of glue to a small amount of batting to place on the very center of the back of the flower head,.next, if I remember correctly, there is a stitiching around this filled center and after stitching around it you can see the lift to the cente. But the second row of stitching is done approximately 1/2" inside of the edging or 1/2" deepening as your needs may need to show it off to it's fulliless.. You then stitch completed around the inside of the applique flower top, leave about 1/2" of an exposed. The trick to this is that after washed, then the flowers would appeared as if they were raggity and have the destressed look to them. I have only seen one personal due to this, but I have lost thought and lost files. Does this familiear to any of the gentle kilding