View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
danmar

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
Wonderful quilt and I love your story, sometimes it takes numerous tries to get it just right and it sounds like you did
Thank you! Yes, it was quite a job. I didn't know how to make the border like I wanted it, so I took it to my 'friends' to see if she could help me. I was told then that you can't make the quilt the way I wanted. I could either set the blocks 'on-point' OR I could use the sashing/lattice between them, but you don't do both. I had it laid out on the floor to show her how I wanted it to look when I was finished.

I didn't understand why I couldn't do the quilt On-Point and with the lattice. Then I asked her how would be the best way to make those little squares for the border. She said she had no idea. I came on home. She wasn't much help bless her heart, but I appreciated her trying to help me.

I still really liked the layout though, so decided I'd just make it the way I wanted anyways and I'd figure out how to make the little squares and get them in the border. It was funny because I brought home one of my friends quilt block books to check out, and guess what was in it!!???! The pattern for EXACTLY what I wanted!! It was just a row of squares, on-point, about 4" wide! I couldn't believe it! That border was meant to be.

Here's a close up of the border squares that I used.

Close Up of the Border Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23366[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23366.jpe