Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM
quiltlady

Originally Posted by Eddie
Originally Posted by Toto's Mom
I may well be 100 as well, before it is ever completed!
That's pretty much my reasoning as well -- I don't do hand quilting, so it would never get done otherwise. Gail wants to have these quilts out where she can enjoy and use them, rather than them remaining on the top shelf of her linen closet for the rest of her years. :) I'm not sure how these were be categorized "age" wise with the introduction of new material to the backing and binding. Probably as noted earlier, that they would be considered "new" now. When I was over at their house, though, it was really kind of sad in a way seeing all of these beautiful quilt tops that they had from their dearly remembered ancestor and they were put up, out of sight, not being enjoyed for the wonderful link to their past that they are.
Thanks for the inspiration - I have a three tops, on each from both my grandmothers and my mother (all passed away) that were never finished. Thought I had to stay true to their age and hand quilt them so they have never been done. Would love for them to finished and used and loved.