View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Barb M

Oh, your quilt is so absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love your colours and the pattern, just beautiful. IWhen i make a mistake i call it an Amish quilt, every Amish quilt has one purposeful mistake for humility :) Now, it is very very hard to see the problem, and it would be beautiful to stay that way. But if you want to do something with it, this is what you could do. I can see that your centre panel is like a pinwheel, and that you were trying to do the same on the corners. It is only the bottom right one that needs turning, right? I don't like to rip anything out, i do everything as easy as i can, or i don't do it. I find it really hard to rip out seams, cus i usually end up getting a rip in the fabric. Sooooo, this is what can be done. Make another log cabin blogck for the bottom right corner, and applique it over top of the other one, just turn your seams under a 1/4" and hand sew in place. Then take the other cabin block underneath, and cut it out of the back of the fabric, and use that block in a scrap quilt or pillow :)