View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 12:55 PM
coffeewoman

I'm still a bit of a novice quilter, so my UFOs, WIPs and PIGs are pretty much under control. I tend to go for the fabric - (Oooooooo, pretty! I've been wanting to work with border stripes... how much should i get... hmmm... i guess 3 yards is good for a start... look at that gorgeous batik...etc.) - and patterns, especially from QNM. When I cut out a quilt, I generally follow through without it taking tooooo long. (clothing, now THAT'S another story)

My sewing room currently has - a bin of country color fabrics that i'm flirting with making into a log cabin or perhaps a really nifty F&P scrap quilt for myself (i've never kept a quilt - i just shiver under sheets and blankets)... assorted bits and pieces of blue fabrics and bandanas for a quilt made to fit a truck bed for camping - he doesn't care about the pattern and it'll be tied - i just need to START it!... then there's the baby quilt for my nephew who will be 2 in May (whoops....)... the candy bright and black fabrics for a jewel box quilt... the slowly burgeoning pile of rich/dark batiks that i'm falling in love with... the 20 yards of unbleached muslin destined to become a chemise and assorted muslins for clothing/costuming and practice pieces to learn how to marble... bits and pieces to make a charm quilt via English pp, which i've never done before... a bookcase of fat quarters because i'm addicted to the packs from KQ... also somewhere in there is batting scraps, two sewing machines, a serger, a desk, an ironing board and iron and a loveseat (for handsewing). Thank goodness i sleep in the tiny little bedroom of my 2-bedroom apartment and keep the "master" for sewing! There are no UFOs currently (please don't hurt me!!!) and less than half a dozen orphan blocks. No PIGs - that's what the bookcases are for! :lol: