View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 AM
AtHomeSewing

Originally Posted by DJ
When I call Home Depot they tell me they have something that's "foil coated". Is that what yours is? The craft stores don't seem to have foam core board that large. Still searching . . . any ideas? Thanks.
It is called "polystyrene sheathing" and does Not have foil on one side. Go to "Google IMAGES" and type that term in to see lots of pictures of it. It comes in pink sheets or blue sheets, depending on the manufacturer. Likely people in the Big Box Store will call it, "Rigid Insulation". One brand is "Foamular". This is a common building material which should be readily available at Home Depot, Lowes, or any Lumber Yard. If you get it at a lumber yard, where they go out to their yard to get the product, tell them that this is for a craft project and you need a CLEAN board(s).

They come in various thicknesses. I made one design wall with the one inch thick and one that is two inches thick. If I were starting over, I would do them both in two in thick, as occasionally I will pin into it and I've felt my pins go all the way through the one inch to the wall.

Here's a link with specifics on how I made mine, if that's helpful:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/athomesewing/2726109619/