Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 AM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by Zephyr
Are folks in your area using the bags when they get groceries etc.? I have 6-7 bags ready but I have yet to see anyone else using them. Can they pack your groceries as fast or as well with your bags?
i'm not sure i know what you mean. in my area, they pack groceries in plastic bags of poor quality. i re-use those bags to line my kitchen garbage buckets instead of buying new plastic bags as i used to do. i consider that recycling. when i go shopping for a smaller quantity of items, i use large grocery totes that i made from leftovers. nothing fancy or even planned. when they pack in the poor quality bags, the bags often tear, so i use two at a time for garbage. to make the above tote, i plan to use heavy plastic, the kind you get at a clothing store or electronics store. but i'm holding out for the right colors. i'm saving red/white. i have 3 and i plan to go back to that store again soon. choose a store you go to often that uses heavy-weight plastic bags. i want to make it at least 4 layers thick. i have black plastic handles from 20-lb bags of birdseed and i think i can use those. i've been saving those for a long time. i never knew why.