Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Zephyr
Walmart and some other stores are selling canvas bags for groceries etc for $1, $2 and up. Supposedly they say that if everyone brought their own bags, then they wouldn't have to use so many cheap plastic ones and there would be less in the landfills.
I always buy the bags from the grocery store for $1. My store always has different ones and are so pretty!! I bring in bags from all different stores, not just the one I am shopping at, and have them use those first for my purchases. I don’t always remember to bring them, but I feel like I am saving a little bit of the environment when I do!! I will say that I also use the small bags for small trash cans around the house, and I too consider that a form of recycling since I didn’t buy other plastic trash bags to use for those cans. But I would say, if you have fabric bags, and you remember to bring them to the store, use them!! I see lots of people doing it. I think even 2 years ago it was very uncommon (I would get comments on them when I used them then), but now it’s much more commonplace.

I do like this bag here though as it gives me the chance to use up some of the plastic ones I do have laying around ….. I just have to pick up some parchment paper to give it a try.

Cheers!
Rachel