View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Originally Posted by Quilter7x
...What part about this is bothering you? Is it standing in front of a group of people or preparing something for them or maybe fear of the unknown? See if you can figure that out, cause there's something about this that's really eating at you.
I know I know. You're so right. I've always been this way when it comes to being in charge, or the lead, etc. Like I said earlier, I'm a wallflower. And I'm very good at it!! :-D
But I have to admit that after reading how many of you have taught things at church or in a group, I'm beginning to think I can do it too. I mean, what'll they do to me if I can't answer all the questions? It's a church group....they have to forgive me, right? lol
You got that right, they will most definitely forgive you. Just think of it as a gathering of friends and you're all going to share some blocks. Really that's what it will turn out to be anyway.

My pastor is definitely doing his calling. There's no other job that would be better for him. I've read verses to the congregation on Women's Sunday and felt very comfortable there knowing that if I made any mistakes (which I did), they would all be forgiven.

If you were a wall flower doing this in a Jo Ann's, I would be worried for you, but not to this group.

You can defnitely do this, draw strength from above, from your family, your priest and all the people who will be learning a new thing that day! :D