View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM
nlgh

Fabric-holic, our church started a class and the "teacher" had us all making the same quilt, a Trip Around the World". We all did that one. next we did a sampler, then someone brought a Turning Twenty and that did it. We all started making whatever we wanted. Our fellowship is sweet. We meet every week, which is sometimes wearing. I for one have not finished but one project started in class and that was a rag quilt for my step grandson's Christmas. No one wants to meet less times a month or do any very hard-to=piece quilts, even intermediate quilting. Our "teacher" hasn't been too pleased about us going our own way, but some us have lots of time at home to do quilts, and some of us don't.
We have made aprons for our church kitchen helpers, quilts and other "baby" itens for a community shower for the needy, baby crib sheets for our church's nursery from some free material, and other mission efforts. We will probably be doing this community shower again this year, and we are making some crib quilts to send to Africa. One of our quilters has a daughter and son-in-law who have gone as missionaries to Africa.
So be flexible. I suggest teaching techniques rather than all doing the same thing, unless they want to do the same thing, of course. Relax and enjoy.