View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 09:57 PM
live2teach

Flying_V_Goddess,

I completly understand what you mean about finishing college. I am a senior this year, and am going to be an Elementary teacher with a specialization in Special Education. After this current semester I have one semester of classes left and then one semester of internship. I am so burnt out on college. The first couple of year were great, then life comes along and one thing happens then the next and you forget why wanted to go to college in the first place, then you wonder if you really want to be what you are working towards. College is hard and it is not for everyone. I would love to take a semester off, but I am afraid I won't go back, so I am sticking it out, besides I am almost finished. I also want to start a family as soon as we can, but I would like to finish school or be almost finished before we do, because I hear it is ALOT harder to finish after you have kids.

Look at your life 10 years from now and try to do this from an objective point of view, if you didn't go back to school, would you regret it? I'm not sure if you said how long you had left, but what if you just finished a little at a time. Just think of all of the hard work you have put in so far. I am not at all lecturing you believe me, I know how college is. I don't know if you have kids, but someday you might, what if you had to support them, do you think minimum wage would be enough? Honestly, I couldn't do it. There is no way. Just weigh all of your options and whatever you decide will be right because you have to decide whatever is going to make you the most happiest in the long run.

Just an opinion and some friendly advice from a fellow quilter. :D