Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM
LogCabinLady

Thanks. You are right, I will be doing one block at at time as you described and I can do what I want, I just think that maybe there are rules. I won't worry about that anymore. I have made raggy quilts before, but not with the rag on the back side, only on the front. I guess one problem I see is that what side do you lay face down on the bed? I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the fringe on the bottom or I guess it is a reversible quilt and they can do what they want to do also.

One other question: if I do the disappearing 9 block would I fringe a block at a time, or a section of the block? Or I guess I can do what I want?

Originally Posted by Ditter43
You can do it any way you want to! It's your quilt!!!! That's what so fun about making quilts...It gives you freedom of expression.
I assume you intend to do this one block at a time with the batting and flannel backing cut so when you sew it together, your seams will show and be raggy on the back.
I have done something similar to what you are talking about on the front. Just sew it down about 1/2" from the edge and clip to the sewing line. It will ravel and fray out too.
Be sure to show us the quilt after it's done!!

Ditter