View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
GrammaO

Originally Posted by jolo
I dearly love teaching newbies, or anyone who needs a helping hand. I have been quilting and piecing for lo these many years and have made at least a thousand quilts. I am still learning also. It is an ongoing thing. I mostly do hand piecing and quilting. But I also do machine. In fact going to the machine more and more since I am a VERY senior citizen.I still have so many I want to make. lol jolo
1000 quilts?!!! Go girl! I am arriving on the quilting scene due to the arrival of numerous grandbabies. Started out with intentions of hand-embroidering crib quilts but they are time consuming. So far only 2 grandbabies have received them and I have 13! 14 will be here any day, 15 will arrive the end of August and 16 is unconfirmed but suspected for November! Had to move to something faster so made a couple of big block quilts, panels, and have just stepped up to some basic blocks like 4-patch, framed squares, etc. Just finished a top of Candy Jars. Need to add borders (does anyone know where I can get some Jelly Bean fabric??) I love to applique so my next project is a flip-flop quilt for my daughter. Right now my favorite part is stash building! I don't have much imagination though and really need to follow a pattern. I can use all the hints and tips I can get. Kudos to the "adopt a newbie" idea!