Old 03-24-2010, 11:58 AM
grammypatty7

Attached is the 38 year quilt in it's original form, taken just before I ripped it apart to reconstruct it. The floral blanket above is what my husband's grandmothers recommended I use for batting but of course it showed through the white squares really making for one ugly ugly quilt. I was so disappointed but that's when I knew I had to do a lot of learning before tackling quilting again. A few years later I did a twin sized quilt from a kit from Lee Ward's Catalog back then. It was applique with a marked top and although now I would consider it easy, back then it was a challenge. Unfortunately we were too broke to buy film to ever photograph it. He loved it and used it for years until it was worn beyond my abilities to repair and I did the quilting on my mother in law's sewing machine; which was a royal challenge and that's when I decided that if I ever did quilt, I'd be a hand quilter.

Check out the photos again as I'll put up my very first 2 attempts at hand quilting which we do still have but are so worn I can't figure out how to repair them so haven't.

Thank you everyone for your interest in my projects.

38 year quilt start
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28718[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28718.jpe