View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by miholmes
Alright,

So it's was my 5th quilt. A baby quilt for a friend. I went to Hancock and they were having 40% off batting. So I got cotton batting.

Is it just be or is it a DREAM to work with? No snagging, easy to manipulate, easy to cut. Seemed warmer in my lap when I was machine quilting it.

And in the end after I washed the quilt it just seemed to have a better loft, not to mention the quilt felt more "solid"

Perhaps it's all in my mind, but I'm thinking perhaps on "special" non charity quilts I will go with cotton, OR if they have a good sale and it's only a few dollars more I most certainly will pop for the 100% natural cotton, it just seemed to be a nicer product.
All of my machine quilting friends in my guild and chapter say 100% cotton and give me a hard time because as a hand quilter I prefer polyester but recently when machine quilting, I realized what the difference would be and agree - machine quilting use warm and natural or something of that nature. They are also raving about the new bamboo and another fiber for machine quilting and they say they wash beautifully so you may want to consider looking into them sometime.