Old 03-24-2010, 12:46 PM
MaxineB

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Originally Posted by MaxineB
I've used the fancy stitches on a crazy quilt. I quilted over the seams...not in the ditch. I also used different stitches each with a different color thread to make it fun. This also gave me a chance to see how each stitch looked. You can't free motion with those stitches..or at least I don't think you can. Remember...no rules just play!
When you did this, did you do it just on the top or threw all the layers? Also, did you use your walking foot with these decorative stitches, if you did it threw all the layers? Thanks, I guess I'm formatting another quilt yet in my mind? :lol:

I used a regular foot-didn't have a walking foot at the time. I made the quilt sandwich and quilted threw all 3 layers. The batting was low loft, but I don't remember the brand. Before I did this, I made a small quilt sandwich with the top a small crazy quilt square. I played with that & then went to the real quilt! The backing was a multi colored print so the back stitches didn't show. The whole quilt was from scraps. I'll see if I can find a picture to post.