View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Sede_Mae

Thank You, Thank You ALL! I ran home today from work to check my posts from all of you...then I gathered my list of questions and went to the dealer. He/She informed me that there was several very small adjustments that had to be made to the machine when it first came out...2009, and Pfaff has made those corrections, ie) sole plate, dull cutting blade and something with the tension. They assured me that I will not have these problems with this machine and if I do, it is only a few minutes in the shop to correct, but they do not see this even happening. They have sold over 50 in the last month and have had no complaints or returns for adjustments or repairs. And they assurred me of a couple of things; First I was real happy to have them tell me that I can go in for classes (on my own new machine) every week for free and work on anything with my own (when payed off) machine! That way if anything does occur with the machine, they will be right there to see it and correct it...and I will also be able to learn to use the machine correctly. They knew about many of the complaints I spoke about (from 2008/9) and told me that many of the problems were "operator errors". So I am excited now, because even tho it isn't completely payed for, I can "play with/ test it" :-) If I am not happy with my decision, they will put my full deposit on any other machine. Since I will be using the machine for a few months, they really couldn't refund my deposit in full. Or they will replace it with another QE4 if any problems were discovered and not easily fixable. The dealer is only a fifteen minute drive from my home...so I can go there anytime they are open and play. I am glad I asked about the "test-drive" thing, I didn't even think of that earlier! :-) All your comments were really helpful and thanks to you all, I was able to ask the dealer all the questions I needed to. Like I said earlier, they are family owned and have been in this small community for many years, so I have a feeling they will work hard to keep the customer happy. I think I can relax now and just be excited to get it paid for and get her home. I will keep you all informed about how everything goes...Can't wait for my first class this weekend! :-) Thanks again, Julie