View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
tlrnhi

There's a pattern called....Australian Bush Quilt. I saw it one time and fell in love with it. I showed it to a friend of mine and she liked it too.
At the time, we kept teasing each other about some fabric we each had. It was Nortcott (my fav),blues and yellows. The fabric is soooo soft!
Anyway....we would tease each other and say that if the fabric didn't hurry and get used, we were going to take it and make something. Well, that Christmas, are all exchanging gifts....we would have a sort of neighborhood party...we all got along very well. Anyway...she hands me the quilt! It's the pattern IN the Northcott colors! I was in awe! She said it took her about a month to figure out the pattern. I'm sure it's not exactly the same as the ABQ, but it looks great to me! Funny thing....I was always at her house. She had the shady front door and we would just watch what was going on in the neighborhood, and I never saw this being done in her garage (she converted her garage to a sewing/activities room)