View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Adelaide Girl

I own a Janome 6500P and have had it for nearly two years. I must admit that in general I am very happy with it. It is a work horse and has been "worked" !! The machine came with a 1/4" foot that has a guide along which you guide the fabric. This most definately does not produce a 1/4" seam, more like 3/8"!!

I have limped along with changing needle positions etc to get that dang 1/4" seam. Even had my husband, Bob, remove the guide thingy. All to no avail. SIGH! Then I had a brain wave, a real light bulb moment. What if I buy another brand's 1/4" foot? The Brother is very similar, they have snap on, snap off feet- hmmm maybe I will try one of those. So of to Spotlight I go and go to the sewing machine feet section. I found the Brother 1/4" foot, checked that I would be able to return it if it did not work and took it home.

Voila!! It fits, and most importantly IT WORKS!! The foot enables me to sew a scant 1/4" seam with ease. Once I press the seam, my seam is a perfect 1/4"!! Happy Dance!! And the cost of this miraculous foot, $16 Australian. Heaps better than the $50+ of other "name" brands.

The only problem now is that even tho' I have all the feet etc that I could possibly wabnt/need for the Janome, I am thinking about getting a new Pfaff QE 4.0 or Bernina 440 QE. Oh the pain of having to go thru' getting all the bits and pieces again.

Have a nice day fellow Quilt Boarders,

Dianne :-D :D