Old 03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
sew cornie

I have no idea! LOL! I've been mulling it all over this afternoon and think I got a bit carried away earlier. :lol: :lol: In thinking about a whole quilt, I'd prefer to nix the animal abodes. Again, I'm just thinking out loud here. Everybody's input is really helpful so please don't be shy. I won't be offended if someone says they think these are really dorky ideas I've had. LOL. :lol: Okay, so a couple of other thoughts:

Like you just said, Maine, stick to people houses. There are plenty of pieced house blocks available in books or probably online. Applique could also be done. There are many options for people houses: log cabin, cottage, bungalow, pueblo, saltbox, high rise, . . . .

Dr. Seuss type houses could be fun Patti. Do you think those would be easy to do either pieced or appliqued? I'm having a brain block on how to do those but am certainly up to exploring the idea.

Or, if this isn't too limiting, we could select one pieced house block for everyone to do with whatever fabrics they choose - similar to the Happy Scrappy Houses quilt mentioned above (I think it was the quiltville.com website). That's a really cute quilt and would be fun to make too.

Another possibility is to scrap the funky neighborhood idea and see what the interest is in another area. A while back there was interest in pigs, funky fish, and some others. I don't want anyone to feel like I've made a group decision here on what the next swap will be. Ideas, ideas, ideas???