Old 05-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Elizabeth A.

Did I pull a "STUPID" and didn't even know it? I have an old fabric from the late 1970's I'd guess, I'm sure you all would know it if you saw it, yellow background with different colored bunnies on it. Anyway, years ago it was first made into a bumper pad for a cradle. I painstakingly seam ripped it all apart keeping what was good of the orignal fabric (that was in 2005). I placed it in the headboard of my bed for a time like now when I would be more inclined to deal with it. At that time though it did not look new it certainly didn't look like it does now.

Now the headboard I put it in looks to be Walnut, is old too. I was given it second hand as a wedding present, and we left the orignal stain on it ect. (in other words no new) I never gave it a thought to putting the fabric in the headboard, but when I was going through the stuff in there (and seriously thinking about getting to that UFO next) I pulled the fabric out and it's all "aged" and brownish!

So is there anything I can do or am I stuck and hence need to see if I can find more of that fabric? Oh please note I didn't try to wash it yet, as I didn't want to accidently set the stain. I believe it is 100% cotton. Thank you.