Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Originally Posted by fireworkslover
BKinCo
I've been wondering how your quilt turned out, since I first saw your fabric on here. I really like it and I'm sure your Dad will too. Be proud!
Why aren't you thrilled?
I agree your quilt is awesome :!: :thumbup: :shock: Looks like dad's cabin in the woods. Your dada will really enjoy it. Mine is still on the wall. Wasn't sewing the rows together difficult? Any tips to share. I love OBW's and I just struggle like crazy with mine. arg.
I found it more difficult to sew the half hexs together to form the rows. I really had to concentrate to take the right piece off my design wall ( a piece of flannel hung from a board over the closet). I caught myself several times taking the wrong piece. I must have been tired or something. But if you just make sure to take the right piece and pin each one to the next one, before taking another. I then would chain sew them together. Then go back and pin it back up on the flannel. Sewing the rows together, was just a lot of pinning and matching those triangles that stick out. I also put a safety pin on the top hex on each strip to make sure I didn't flip them around when sewing the strips together.