View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 PM
angelwatcher

Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj
How about string quilts sewed onto muslin? It doesn't get any simpler than that, and you could use lots of scraps.
We did this at our Church, we made 24 string lapsized quilts ( Quilt in a Day), and 71 other various types in three weeks. It was amazing!! Our lake rose 15 feet and the back country got flooded. I wanted to make a difference to those who lost things. Cover them in warmth and love and a quilt fit the bill. But, I didn't want to go in front of the congregation, but God did!! I was so nervous that I took 1/2 a tranquilizer!! I had 40 yards of batting on a roll and 10 yards of cheater fabric. The response was unbelievable. We met 5 times, some sewed at home. There were experience sewers/quilters, ladies who just ironed, some just cut, some just tied the quilts, all were welcome. We called the string quilts, "Quilts of many colors." If you do as the ladies on this wonderful board are suggesting, you'll do great!! Make sure there is plenty of water and chocolate!! Set the time you'll be meeting between 2-4 hours. If you're still really nervous, there are stress relievers that you can get at a health food store, such as calms or rescue remedy. I wouldn't suggest the tranquilizer and a rotary cutter in the same hand!! Oh, and get your guardian Angel involved!! Say a prayer!!