View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Next it is time to cut the swatch apart. You need to cut this into four but they need to be the same size.

Basically you want to measure the width of your yoyo and cut down the middle with your rotary cutter.
I have an 18” ruler cut into two sections. I like to use both of them so I can position them on the yoyo.

Then I take away the right one leaving the left one in place and cut. I don’t have to figure any fractions that way. Just use the lines on the rulers to center your yoyo between both rulers.

Some math is unavoidable but why bother if you don’t have to- right?
Make sure to lay ruler parallel with the edge of the swatch or you will not have room for the template.

This is the most important part of this process. You
need to take the time to be as accurate as possible in your cutting. That is why it is a good idea to use the two rulers as you can get a more accurate placement of the ruler you need to cut along.

Sorry about the change in fabrics. I had to go back and take pics of steps I didn't take the first time I wrote this lesson. And I didn't have the original fabrics. Sorry if that makes it a bit confusing.

The yoyo sewn onto the background square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31266[/ATTACH]

Remove the right ruler leaving the left one in position. DO NOT LET THE LEFT RULER MOVE!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31267[/ATTACH]

Cut along the ruler,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31339[/ATTACH]

Both rulers positioned on the yoyo so they are centered
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31479[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31266.jpe   attachment-31267.jpe   attachment-31339.jpe   attachment-31479.jpe