Old 03-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Olivia's Grammy

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
It's good to know that other mothers did this too. With mine it was salmon patties. I hated her salmon patties and refused to eat them. Once, and only once I made the mistake of laying some change on the table and saying, "Mail mine to them." I thought it was pretty funny and after a day or two when the swelling went down I could actually laugh about it. LOL Mom was a wonderful person but she just didn't take well to back talk or a sassy mouth.
Mine didn't like to be sassed either. I picked myself up off the floor only once, and after that she didn't hear my thoughts. I well remember sitting at the table until bedtime cause I wouldn't eat the cauliflower!!

YTQ
I know what you mean. That Mail Mine to Them was barely out of my mouth when the back of her hand connected. I was across the room with my back against the cabinets, my shoulders on the floor, one foot on the stove and one in the sink and I was still laughing. She asked what I thought was so funny and I told her that I knew she would backhand me but I just couldn't help myself. I had to do it anyway. I will say this, from that day on when Mom passed the salmon patties to me I still passed them on without taking one but she never said a word.
Are we sisters? I still don't sass my Mother, even over the phone. :lol: