View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:49 AM
tkhooper

Ok, I'm thinking and please let me know if I'm going overboard. I've got the striped fabric in 4 napkins so if I do 4 more that makes 8. The use the striped material to make a basket weave basket applique full of appliqued flowers from the wide stripes in the gold and scarlet and leaves in the olive green. Then do the back ground in black and the backing can be a solid piece of the mismatched brocade. Is that enough? I don't want to over do the stripe in the room but I want enough that it works as the focal fabric for the room.

A valance wouldn't work because the curtains are a shimmery light beige floral print. They are great curtains but not what I want for this room really. BTW the curtains are floor to ceiling framing a 6 foot sliding glass door out to the deck.

The Toaster is in the kitchen and has a muted golden yellow cover, and the color scheme in there are the fall colors, harvest gold, forest green, bronzy-scarlet on a cream background with touches of dark brown. I have matching hot pads and curtains in there and the counters are the mock forest green marble. I have golden yellow faux roses with green stems entwined in the cabinet rail at the top of the cabinets.