Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Deenie

My granddaughter is 6 and has been sewing with me for 2 years, mostly her picking out the fabric and the fancy stitch she wanted me to use. This Christmas she sewed on my Phaff and made a blanket. She sewed about the edge and than we turned it " she even remined me that i had pinned all the way around and did not leave an opening for turning the blanket inside out. I had showed her my featherweight and told her that when i died she could have it. She had gotten a little tiny sewing from Santa, and when i left the room deciced that she should learn how to thread it, i was trying to get it going for her and was having some trouble and she told me that she had rethreaded the machine, she had done it right but had the thread wrapped and around the spindle i told her next time maybe i should help her, and she ask me "if you can not get my machine to work can i have the one "now" that you said that i can have when you die"! I had my 21 year old GD make a quilt when she was 10, but she had not sewn since. I do have 2 featherweights just in case she changes her mind.