View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 06:07 PM
JanetM

Originally Posted by mtnmama
I think I would have to find a new quilt shop, $25 a month is way over the top. (No pun intended) You could buy a book of blocks for about $25 and make all of the blocks. Yes you would have to buy fabric, but a fat quarter bundle or two of coordinating fabrics to make your blocks and them some sashing fabric and you are on your way. Certainly not $325!
My LQS had one of these quilts hanging on the wall, so I was questioning the clerk about the program. The price is actually set by the pattern designer not the LQS (although of course they get part of the proceeds). The pieces are not pre-cut. What I meant was that all the fabric needed to construct each block is provided in the monthly kit, so for example you might get a 2" strip of green, a 6" square of blue, etc.
I asked the clerk if I could just buy the pattern, but she said no, that the designer will only sell the pattern to people who participate in the BOM project.

Suffice to say, I have not joined as this seemed like a real rip-off. I've seen McKenna Ryan BOM's that run $44. per month :shock: