Old 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
zyxquilts

Peas....well, Mom didn't like them either, so she only put like 5 of them on my plate. I never ate them tho' - I would keep them in my mouth, eat everything else, then spit 'em in the sink when I was helping do the dishes.
Also brussel sprouts! YUCK!! That was the only time I had to sit at the table until I ate something. There was only one on the plate & I sat & sat & sat.... But, Dad was having the guys over to play cards, so he finally PAID me (50 cents) to eat it - and I swallowed it whole!!! lol Last brussel sprout I ever ate. :wink:
I don't eat Poisonous Wolf Peaches (tomatoes) unless they're sun dried or made into sauce or catsup. My oldest sister doesn't eat them either, and my Dad didn't like them until he was in the Navy in WWII. After a year in the Pacific with NO fresh food, they were taken to New Zealand for leave. Came ashore at midnight, and the whole mess area was FILLED with fresh food - tomatoes were right in the front! He grabbed one & ate it like an apple & has loved them ever since. :D