View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:14 PM
BrendaB

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Originally Posted by Quilter7x
...What part about this is bothering you? Is it standing in front of a group of people or preparing something for them or maybe fear of the unknown? See if you can figure that out, cause there's something about this that's really eating at you.
I know I know. You're so right. I've always been this way when it comes to being in charge, or the lead, etc. Like I said earlier, I'm a wallflower. And I'm very good at it!! :-D
But I have to admit that after reading how many of you have taught things at church or in a group, I'm beginning to think I can do it too. I mean, what'll they do to me if I can't answer all the questions? It's a church group....they have to forgive me, right? lol
Good question Quilter7x. I read a book once called, Feeling the Fear and Doing it Anyway - or Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway! Something like that. It was great! First think, what is the absolute worst thing that can happen? Then you can talk yourself through it or we can. lol We tend to be too serious. Put things in perspective: No one is going to die if you aren't perfect as a teacher--I say that, but I really think you ARE! (not going to die, going to be a perfect teacher) What can you possibly do wrong? Do you realize how special you are? All the people who could have been chosen, and YOU were the one. The special one. The one who is trusted and valued. How cool is that?