Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 AM
sewcrafty

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
the 6600 definitely uses class 15 bobbins. class L will also work if that's what you already have on hand, but 15s are the technically correct size to use. 15s are the same diameter as Ls, but ever-so-slightly higher. when piecing, you can't tell the difference. i haven't tried quilting with an L, so don't know if it would matter.

WHERE on ebay did you find 50 bobbins for $7.95? if it's a store that sells them regularly for that price, pretty please, do share the specific information. unless you buy 1,000 at a time, that's absolutely the best price i've ever seen for bobbins.

side note about the 6600: the little plastic part of the auto-threader is replaceable. my dealer showed me. if the little metal hook that pulls the thread through the needle ever gets bent out of shape, you can just replace that part and you'll be back in business. :-)

side note on needles: another good source for needles is jhittle.com. they sell the regular packs and in bulk.
http://jhittlesewing.funoverload.com/sewing/catalog.php

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I just got a new machine and needed a different bobbin. I ordered an recieved 50 bobbins for 7.95 on ebay. They arrived in 4 days. Just put in the bobbin type in search.
What machine did you get? I'm picking up mine today (6600) and one of the questions for the dealer was what size the bobbin was. I really hope that they're 15's because I just went out and bought a bunch of them for my other machine!!
You know this irritates me!! When I went to the dealer to pick up my machine, he said I COULDN'T use a 15!!! So I bought 20 more of what he suggested!!! 20 for $8 thank you very much.

Thanks for the heads up on the auto threader!!