Old 03-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Charlee

As for people that have break ins being on facebook, probably 90 percent of the online public is on facebook...not a glaring coincidence to me....that's like saying that most people who have their cars stolen have bank loans on the cars.

I've been able to connect with some old school friends and learn about others thru FB.

I've played the games...still play a couple of them, but am mostly bored with the games. I'm not much of a game player to begin with. I don't like that they're set up so that you HAVE to be playing at a certain time...I'd rather play a game when *I* want to, not when I'm told to. That's why I don't do much with Farmville or the others like it anymore...

The best thing that's happened to me on FB is about a week and a half ago. I do genealogy. A few months ago, I sent an email to a person on Ancestry asking about a person on their private tree. The person I was asking about was my grandmother's half brother, that none of us were aware existed until we found him in the census. I got no answer on my query until last week, when a lady sent me a message on FB asking if I was the person that had asked about her grandfather.
I immediately responded to her...laughing as I did it. She lives here in town, and was a long time customer of ours where I work! We already knew and liked each other! They're coming to dinner on Sunday...a family get together! It was funny, because I don't think she ever knew my last name, and she didn't connect my photo to me, because she hasn't seen me since I lost weight. I was able to play with her head a bit by asking if I could call her, and was her phone number still xxx-xxx-xxxx? :lol:

That being said. I do think that sometimes folks share too much information via the internet.