View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:01 AM
mpeters1200

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
I am doing a Thangles BOM, cost to join is a pkg of thangles for $5.,you get fabric strips and free pattern . YOu have to take the block in each month and you get next months free, but if u miss a month, you have to pay $5. again. it gets you into their shop and hopefully you purchase something else, Fun to do for me and at end of year i have 12 blocks for $5., of course then you need to buy sashing and borders/backing, but still good price i think. You can also quit anytime and use the block(s) for pillows or whatever.
I think this was the way it was done around here 8 years ago when I got started. I joined one, then life got in the way...so I didn't finish. I cannot get over the price of the Civil War one right now. I have found it online anywhere from 30-40 dollars a month. Even my own LQS has it for 35. I just cannot afford that at all.

LQS got rid of their pay 5.00 once BOM. The one they do now is 5 or 6.00 each month, which is considerably cheaper, but I just don't know if it's worth it.

I've been bookmarking every free BOM site posted. I've not seen the one posted here before. I LOVE IT!!! I'll be printing for hours!