View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:06 AM
mpeters1200

I am so darn ticked off!! Something happened to my machine last weekend and it is broken and now in the shop. I wasn't very pleased with my owner's manual. It doesn't really show how to clean and oil it well and I've been so scared of breaking it trying to do it myself, so I send it in for maintenance once a year.

I've pieced more in the last 15 months than I have in my whole quilting "career". I'm in the middle of piecing a 25 block sampler for my DH for our anniversary this year (our tenth), I have all this pretty boy scout fabric I just ordered for a signature wall hanging cut out and ready to go.

I have been piecing 2 days a week 4 months in a row last year, and again from January this year working on my projects. Now I have no machine. I don't know what happened to it. I don't know how much it's going to cost or when I'm going to get it back.

I feel like I'm going stark raving mad!! I cut all my pieces for the next few piecing sessions, that didn't help. I redid my list of things I need to buy soon and things that can wait a while yet. I've looked through patterns. I've hand mended some of the older quilts around here. I don't have a quilt in the frame yet cause the DH quilt isn't completely pieced yet.

Hubby told me when I get this one out to take an old one my late MIL gave me, get it serviced and in the house so I am never without a machine again. He thinks I'm nuts and I'm right behind him. Have any of you felt like this? What helps you?