View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Lostn51
Banned

With the way the economy is right now I would not try it to the extent that you are wanting to do. Owning a business is not the easiest thing in the world to do. Even in the best of times only a small percentage of the businesses make it past the 5 year mark.

Like the poster stated, do a research of the market and see just if there is a need for a LQS. It will take more than a few customers a month to keep the operation going I can tell you that! Also how many fabric shops are there around you that already sell quilting supplies and fabrics?

I am not trying to discourage you, trust me we need more independent shop owners and less corporate over seas influence in America. But I would start off small and go from there. Maybe working out of a room in your house on the side just to see..... Who knows if things work out you could have a huge corporation before you know it!!! :D :D :D

But with the new health care plan being passed it is going to put a world of hurt on any small business owner. I will not be surprised if a lot of the LQS's and small businesses do not start shutting down within the next 2 to 4 years.

Billy