View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 04:39 PM
belladawn

Hi there everyone! I am new to the whole on-line community phenomenon. I have a fairly big family but with the exception of one daughter, no one shares my interest in sewing and quilting. And that daughter has three young children and no spare time! Reminds me of myself a few years ago.
Now I've decided to be proactive and look for some new friends. I am an industrial sewer. I now sew truck bed covers for Extang in Ann Arbor, MI. In the past I've sewn everything from van and RV furniture, to airplane interiors, to mattresses, to boat covers. I have even sewn military vests in camouflage. All of my co-workers are very glad to leave the sewing at work and wouldn't dream of sewing at home. But I can't get enough. I took a vacation day at the beginning of the month and went to Wisconsin for a weekend sewing class at Nancy's Notions. It was great. We worked on quilting as you go, a couple of different methods. One was Betty Cotton's method. My favorite.
I hope to hear back from many of you, looking forward to group projects, sharing patterns and tips, etc.