Old 03-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
Good luck Billy, I hope you sell lots and make a ton of money.
I only prefer to use new fabrics in my quilts, way too much time and work to use old fabrics in them.
I've had people tell me I could make lots of money selling my quilts. I just give to people I think need a quilt and all I've given away are very much appreciated.
Well I just keep being asked and I figure that this is a good way to make a hobby pay for itself.

By recycling it saves me money and the environment plus I can sell them for what people think are reasonable prices. Also how many people would like to see a piece of history being used making something that they can hold and snuggle up in?!?

And most of the used material is actually new or very lightly used sheets and shirts. Its not like I am stealing the clothes off of a homeless guy and using them. :roll: :lol:

I use only new fabrics in my quilts I give to my family and friends also. I just left the fabric store today that had a huge grand opening sale and all the quilting cottons and batting were 50% off. Needless to say $350 later I am walking out with several future projects! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy