View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
amazon

Marsye,you might try these suggestions from my doc.find a shoe with a canti-levered heel(looks like a horseshoe on the bottom of the heel) they have a better arch support.Now I know how hard this part is going to be!!!! WEAR them 24/7!!! Really, to bed? Buy a pair just for bed.I said you've got to be kidding right? He said , YES to bed and NO i'm not kidding and if you can wear them in the shower try that,pause, just kidding. But put them on as soon as you are dried off. I thought life was over as I knew it and i would die. Ask me how I know!!! I have always gone barefooted and not always worn the best shoes.walk in the door , off come the shoes kind of girl. But I could not walk out of that office by myself so I decided to trust him.(I was already having pain walking and caught my toe on packing box and tripped and landed on both feet hard on wood floor and broke off a piece of a large heel spur on one and inflamed the other).The first day was great the support helped the pain. About 4 to 5 days in I thought my feet would suffocate and fall off. I hate shoes!! It took some getting used to in the bed, I found that I could keep my feet out from under the covers, they stayed toasty in the shoes and used a leg pillow between my knees By 21/2 -3 weeks I was walking no pain at all.He wasn't crazy after all.Once you are pain free , you can stop wearing them to bed. Almost two years later I can cheat sometimes and walk barefoot with no problems and even wear low heel shoe with arch support.I decided that canti-levered shoes are the best thing since sliced bread I've every seen and my Doc. is a saint. Hope this helps you and I know your pain!