Old 03-28-2010, 03:10 AM
danmar

I thought that maybe some of you would be interested in this. My kitchen was boring. I wanted to "fix it up a little", so I decided to get some wallpaper border and go to work. I found 2 borders that I really liked and they were on clearance, so I bought all of both at 25 cents each! Bargain!

I took them home and put the dark with roses up in the kitchen. I decided that with the white walls, the ivy leaves were just too light for the border. We live in a trailer so the kitchen and living room are in the same room like you know, and the couch matched the border paper great. Not so great when I got the border up though. It was waaaaay to dark!!! I didn't like it at all and took it down and threw it away. But I still wanted a border.......

Then, I had this great idea! I'd just make my own out of the 2 pretty border papers that I'd bought. Great idea, huh? The first thing that I'd have to do would be to cut it all up! Every single piece. I needed to get rid of that really dark green!!! First I cut the row of tiny ivy leaves off the ivy border paper. I cut out every rose, bud, leaf, ivy, etc. on a bunch of rolls of border. No one that came over could believe that I was doing this. They thought I was nuts and had to "get a life". I spent days and days cutting everything out for my kitchen border.

Next, I started laying out different designs on the kitchen table to see how I wanted it to look. I'm a "frilly", "ruffle" type girl, and even though I've never seen "rufflely" wallpaper border, that is the look that I decided on.

What is funny is that when I started putting up this new border, I had gone to alot of work cutting it all out. I didn't want to get it "stuck to the wall" and not like it (like the original paper), so I decided to just roll a piece of scotch tape and stick to the back of it, to put it up. No one thought that it would stay that way, but it's still holding! I just left the tape on it instead of ever wetting it and gluing it on right.

Here are a couple of pictures of the border paper, before I happened to it and after! :lol: :lol: And then a picture of the border that I made. What do you think?

BEFORE---These are the 2 Wallpaper borders that I bought
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33897[/ATTACH]

AFTER---This is the border papers when I was finished with them!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33898[/ATTACH]

This is the Wallpaper Border that I made out of the pieces! Cool, huh?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33899[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-33897.jpe   attachment-33898.jpe   attachment-33899.jpe