Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by wvdek
Billy,

You inspire me
Your car is to die for. What a great color.

Please leave at least one nice older treadle in Tiger Oak, three drawer, in fairly good condition for me.
My Red Eye is in a tiger oak cabinet but I have never done anything to the finish yet. I was kinda liking the "antique" look but maybe this spring pull it off the irons and use my "Secret Elixir" to clean it up.

As far as the color on my Hot Rod its a "Poor Mans Candy Rootbeer" :lol: :lol:

I was experimenting with using a base coat under a tinted clear. I mixed the base, spayed it, then I used a burgundy toner in my clear to tint it a deep red. After 3 coats of tinted clear, I sprayed a gallon and a half of clear on top of that.

When I say you can swim in the paint believe me you can dive on in its so deep!! But the car is in primer right now waiting for a repaint (the cute neighbor next door hit it a while back). So I am trying to make up my mind if I am going with the same color or change a little bit and go darker to a Candy Brandywine. With the Brandywine it will look Black until the light hits it then its a real deep Burgundy.

and you can park that car in my driveway ANYTIME...especially if you plan to leave the keys with me!! (even better if you leave the treadle in it!)
I always knew Hot Rods got the HOT WOMEN but I never thought about including a treadle!! :mrgreen:

Hubba Hubba

Billy