View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Gerbie

For all of you ladies that love the double wedding ring quilt, I made one for my daughter three years ago for Christmas. She had always wanted one, but I didn't want to cut out all of those small pieces, and she has no interest in sewing, so she was of no help in that area. Then I saw on Alex Anderson's quilting show one day the pattern "Rings That Bind" by Cheryl Phillips. You are using strips then cut them into pieces, sort of a quilt as you go pattern. I ordered the book and acrilic templates come with the book, fairly expensive but well worth it. You always have the book and templates for whenever to use. Here is the address Phillips Fiber Art, P.O. Box 173, Fruita, Co. 81521. I made my daughter's with shades of green for the pieces with a soft mauve for the joining square and background in cream. It really turned out lovely I think, even if I did do it. She was well satisfied. It wasn't really that hard to do. But then if I see something I really want to do I just jump in and try, that's the only way you will know if you can or not, of course I usually have to have a pattern before starting. Gerbie