View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by live2teach
I live in such a small town. We don't even have a Wal-Mart here, I drive like 40 miles one way or more to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. haha. Yeah, anxiety attacks are very hard to overcome. It takes time and therapy. You can also get meds if it gets so bad that it controls your life. It sounds like everyone around you is not helping either. I was an assistant manager at a restaurant for a few months before it shut down. I thought I could handle it, and I did. But, I would feel like I was having a heart attack. At that time I was like 19 or 20, I am 22 now. My mom actually came out to see if she needed to take me to the ER. It was an anxiety attack. I had to deal with so much stress and crap from the employees that it was bad. I tried relaxation techniques and stress reducers but it didn't end until the day they went out of business and I have been find ever since. Maybe you should make things and sale them for now. You would be beating your anxiety and making money at the same time. :)
Well, it isn't so bad that it controls my life. It used to though (couldn't go into some places by myself or order fast food without feeling dread). But its enough to prevent me from getting a job. We got a Super Wal-Mart in February and one of my friends ended up getting a job there. Anyways, one time when her fiance was up for a visit he had to go pick her up from work and me and another friend went along with him. The three of them ended up ganging up on me and tried to get me to do the electronic application process at Wal-Mart. I got so scared about it that I eluded them and circled my way around the store (making sure I didn't end up in either the electronics or the fabric section--the two places I knew they'd find me) until I ended up at the bench at the entrance. That was a good ten minutes. Luckily, when they found me on the bench five minutes after getting there they gave up and we went to go play Guitar Hero 2 in the electronic section.