View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Carla P

If you decide not to have it fixed and you do buy a new one, please consider donating your old one. (A lady I work with threw away on older machine this past Saturday; it was in with a bulk purchase from an estate sale, still in its own hard case, and she never even opened it... I almost sank into the floor thinking about all of the people that 1 machine might could have benefited. :evil: )

Anyway, to answer your original question, in the Memphis, TN area, it will cost you about $45 for an electronic machine tune-up & around $70 for a computerized. Worth it? Well, my Dear Hubby says (in reference to his old '89 Ford 350 Diesel) it is cheaper to repair than to replace (at that statement Daughter #1 chimes in with... "F.O.R.D.- Fix Or Repair Daily"). Of course, this is the same truck I named "Mater" when we bought it this past Summer. :lol: My point is, he loves that old truck (and drives it 10 times more than his brand new Chevy) so it is well worth it to him to repair. It "only" has 130,000 miles on it, so he says it'll buy him at least another 300,000 miles. Your machine "only" has 15 years on it... My Mother has a 28 year old belt-driven Singer that is still going strong. She has it serviced once every 2 years, and has used the brand new one her DH bought her for Christmas last year only 3 times. (I'm just waiting, because any day now she'll call me to come "get it out of her way".... :D )