View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:56 PM
MaryAnna

Originally Posted by Lockeb
MaryAnna,,
Cuba is just one of the most beautiful places....Varadero, where I've been twice before, is known to have the most beautiful beaches in the world...they are magnificent with the turquoise ocean...and the people are just the warmest of people.....during the first trip we made friends there....and have been able to enjoy meals with them and their family in their home - it's wonderful to get out to the outside villages rather than just stay put in the resort....get to know the people..see how they live....
Last year when I was there I picked up a wonderful yo-yo piece at a local market - I think that one day it will be come a part of a wonderful pillow.. Cuba doesn't have a great retail market for things like fabrics and stuff..but I hope that perhaps this time I will be able to come back with some more things that will become a part of some patchwork creations..I would like to find some pieces there perhaps......
For Americans, it's actuall not illegal for you to visit Cuba..but you're not allowed to spend any money there :-)..Which makes things a bit complicated..but I understand that there's quite a few Amerians that visit each year anyways..I saw a website on that somewhere - will try to find the link...
If you google Varadero, Cuba, you will find the town where I'll be for the 2 weeks...1 week I will be at the BLAU VARADERO resort, the other week at the MELIA LAS AMERICAS
resort.....you can actually see more about Cuba, Varadero and the resorts on Tripadvisor.com
Well Bill,
I will have to live out the Cuba fantasy vicariously through you. Unfortunately 'due to travel restrictions' there are no flights ever to Cuba from the USA....so the only way I can get there is perhaps to travel from another country, and then I'm thinking my passport won't be accepted in Cuba. I'll google Varadero and look at the wonderful pictures.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna