Thread: Quilting Kudos
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:25 PM
ktbb

that reminds me of the time a friend was having a new baby with a three year old at home. Knowing that competition can sometimes set in with a new baby, I made a quilt with one of the panels with roads, building, etc on it and included with it were two matchbox cars. The backing was strips of fabric in three colors to match the front. I explained to the three year old that the front side was his to use and the back side was for his new brother to use and that they had to share. The father reported back to me a year later that the older brother was still using the front side and made sure that Mom and Dad let the baby use it sometimes. The older brother would wake up early and go downstairs where they kept the blanket with the cars and would play on the floor until they came down...As chance would have it and totally without planning, he also told me that the strips I'd used on the back (red, yellow and green[?]) were in the exact order that when read starting with one color were in the sequence of the flag from one parent's heritage and when read starting with another color it was the colors of the flag from the other parent's heritage.

I saw my friend several years later and he said that the quilt was still around and the younger one was now the one bringing it out and playing with the same cars!