Thread: ideas please
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Barbm

OK- so I decided to do the Orange Crush on quiltville's site. I had read the instructions a while ago and decided to start cutting squares. So, I think I have enough for Step 1. I go online (after having some computer issues all week end) and read the directions. ARGHHH! I cut 160 4patch sets at 2 1/2 inches square. It calls for 150 sets at 2" squares. So I don't want to waste the fabric- any ideas what I can make them into? That's 640 2 1/2" squares we have hanging out.

I thought about adjusting the rest of the steps to match it, but since I don't know them, I don't want to create a mess down the line. Right now I have them matched as a light and a dark together. Do you think they would look stupid if I just made a bunch of 4 patches and grouped them some way and put sashing and made a quilt?

At least I got the 20 pairs of flip flops cut out for future DIL's quilt. And I have 40 crumb blocks in a bag, just cause they're fun to do. And I separated fabric into small, med, and large scraps.

Thanks for any help you might have!

Barb