Old 03-29-2010, 08:00 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by raptureready
This looks like fun but I've never done one before. Just a little leary but thinking about it.
Are you leary about doing the swap in general or making the houses? Either way they are both fun to do!! :) If you have any questions along the way, I am happy to help and hopefully we’ll get a fun group of people that will offer advice and guidance along the way too!

Cheers!
Rachel

I'm afraid I won't do something right or that no one will like my blocks, or that I'll use the wrong fabric, or colors or style, etc.
It's new to me and I'm always a little queazy about new things. I'm getting better though, I even forced myself to try alligator meat a couple of years ago and it wasn't bad so I may force myself to do this too. :lol: :| :roll:

Well if that’s the case then you should absolutely do this swap!! It was tailor made for you because there are no corners to match up and if things start to look a little helter skelter, well that’s even funkier!! And if you pick the wrong colors, well again, funky!! :) There are no rules to funky, so whatever you make will fit right in!!

And I am right there with you on overcoming my “fears” …. I have been trying all the foods I thought I hated as a kid (some I liked, some I still hate) and trying to push myself to try new things all the time. It can be a little scary, but I promise you this is a great bunch of ladies. Just make a few prototypes and you will get great feedback. I have a great eye for color (for everyone but myself), so I would be more than happy to (kindly) let you know if something’s not working! :) But I bet your blocks will come out way better than you think they will!!

Cheers!
Rachel